Ilkoll Aħwa (One Family) is the theme chosen for events being organised by the Church in Malta as the country prepares spiritually to welcome Pope Francis on the 2nd and 3rd April. Over the next few weeks, the theme of the Apostolic Visit, “They showed us unusual kindness” (Acts 28:2), shall be complemented by a deep reflection to encourage Maltese society to reflect on how all of us who live on these islands are called to care and protect one another as blood relatives do.
All children in State, Church and Independent schools, assisted by their teachers, are also invited to reflect on how we can be like one family through five themes: joy, mercy, fraternity, participation and hospitality.
From tomorrow, Friday, 4th March 2022 at 7pm, five dialogue encounters inspired by the teachings of Pope Francis, will be held in various parishes in Malta to encourage us to reflect on how we can live as one family:
- Safeguarding the environment, Friday 4th March, led by Fr Mark Ciantar OFM, at St Helen’s parish hall, Birkirkara
- Youth: our hope for the future, Friday 11th March, led by Anthony Mifsud, at Stella Maris Parish, Tas-Sliema
- The family in a changing society, Friday 18th March, led by Jesmond Schembri, at St Anne’s Parish, Marsascala
- Justice, mercy and reconciliation, Friday 25th March, led by Dr Nadia Delicata, at St Mary’s Parish, Ħ’Attard
- One family in Malta: kindness in hospitality, Friday 1st April, led by Mark Cachia, at St Joseph’s Parish, Kalkara
All dialogue sessions will be held in Maltese and streamed live on Church.mt and on the Archdiocese of Malta’s Facebook page.
For further information kindly contact [email protected].